Author: Hints News

The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace management, Festus Keyamo has revealed that five Nigeria Airports are set for concession. He disclosed this on Monday while receiving the Regional Vice President Africa and Middle east of the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Kamil Awdhi, at the ministry’s headquarters in Abuja. Keyamo said the airports are: Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Murtala Muhammed International airport, Lagos, Port Harcourt International airport, Aminu Kano International Airport, and Akanu Ibiam International airport, Enugu. The minister said the level of infrastructure decay within the aviation industry calls for urgent action, adding that going by the geographical…

Read More

The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo has revealed thatthe Muhammadu Buhari airport, Maiduguri has been upgraded to international status. To this end, he added that the airport would commence international operation in January 2025. The Minister made this known on Monday during a courtesy visit by the Borno state Governor, Babagana Umar Zulum in his office in Abuja. Keyamo described the North east, particularly Borno state as a commercial city that connects Nigeria with other countries. He said: “The establishment of the international airport in Maiduguri is strategic to receive international flights coming in from the Middle…

Read More

The Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Adegboyega Oyetola, Monday in Abuja hinted that the federal government would align with the Blue Belt Initiative for economic growth. Blue Belt Initiative is the sustainable use of its ocean resources to drive economic growth and improve livelihoods, while preserving ocean ecosystems. To this end, said Nigeria is embarking on an ambitious plan to upscale its blue economy through a diverse range of initiatives. Oyetola made the disclosure in his opening address at the Broad-Based National Stakeholders’ Consultation, Validations Workshop and Development of the National Blue Economy Strategy for the country. He said…

Read More

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Director of Communications, Dr. Ademola Olajire, provides a point-by-point account of how a keenly-anticipated Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match was relegated to a fiasco by Libyan federal authorities and Football Federation 1) The chartered ValueJet aircraft departed from the Victor Attah International Airport, Uyo at 11.55hours on Sunday, 13th October 2024, and landed at the Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano at 13.10hours, for the completion of immigration formalities and for the aircraft to refuel. 2) The aircraft took off from Kano at 15.18hours, for the 3 hours and 35 minutes flight to Benghazi, Libya,…

Read More

A former member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Shina Peller has gifted his media aide, Kola Popoola, a car. This surprise took place at Peller’s Lagos residence, which left Popoola both astonished and grateful. Popoola said: “Such acts of kindness not only strengthen professional relationships but also reflect the outstanding character of leaders who appreciate the hard work of their team members.” Popoola in a statement issued Monday said when he arrived at the residence without any inkling of what lay ahead, he was met with a warm welcome and a stunning vehicle. “This impromptu presentation showcased not just…

Read More

The Lagos state government has revealed that thea collapsed building at No. 20 Amusu Street, Baale, Orile Iganmu was already marked for demolition before it collapsed Monday morning. The Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotoso in a statement issued Monday revealed that occupants of the distressed building had already evacuated two weeks ago. He said: “A distressed storey building already marked for demolition has collapsed in Orile-Iganmu. “No casualty was recorded as the building had been evacuated two weeks before the incident. In fact, it had been marked for demolition. “The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency(LASEMA), Fire Service, Building…

Read More

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INE ) has said that the collection of Permanent Voters’ Cards (PVCs) in all the 203 Wards will commence on Thursday ahead of the Ondo State governorship election, INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Sam Olumekun in a statement issued Monday said during the period, the backlog of uncollected PVCs from previous registrations would also be available for collection at the designated centres. He revealed that a total of 89,777 new PVCs from the recent CVR were printed, saying this is made up of 58,708 new voters, and 31,069 applicants for…

Read More

Concerned Civil Society Organisations of Nigeria (CCSON) has called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to make public its findings regarding the suspended Minister of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu. The group made the call in a statement issued Sunday while making reference to the earlier write-up by the Senior Legislative to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Cecelia Ogbeche Odok from Cross Rivers State, who tagged Edu’s trial as witch-hunts. She further claimed that the suspended minister is clean and should be acquitted of any wrongdoing. TheHintsNews reports that Edu was suspended…

Read More

The United States government has piled more charges on the earlier $20 million bank fraud case against Allen Onyema, the CEO of Air Peace, as the Nigerian businessman continues to elude trial in an American court in the last five years. Although Onyema, founder of the major Nigerian airline, has denied wrongdoing, he has been wanted in the US over the bank fraud charges pending against him and a co-defendant at the District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, in Atlanta since 2019. “On 8 October 2024, they were both charged in a superseding indictment alleging an additional count…

Read More

A multimedia bilingual journalist, Alhassan Bala, has launched a Hausa fact-checking platform called “Alkalanci” (The Arbiter). Bala in a statement issued Sunday explained that the platform focuses primarily on fact-checking claims on health, politics, and many other topics in Hausa language. He said it would also be fact-checking pictures and videos to enlighten the Hausa readers in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana and beyond about misleading claims or false pictures and videos. Bala stressed that the berth of the platform became imperative at a time when people use photoshop and Artificial Intelligence to create “deep fake” pictures and videos. He said: “We…

Read More