Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike has expressed satisfaction with the pace and quality of work at the various road projects in the Federal Capital City (FCC) embarked on by the FCT Administration. The Minister inspected five projects on Saturday in the company of the Permanent Secretary, Mr. Olusade Adesola, the Executive Secretary, Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA), Shehu Ahmed, former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu and other senior officials of the FCTA. Addressing journalists shortly after the inspection, the minister said the ongoing projects in the FCT were abandoned by the contractors due to non-payment,…
Author: Hints News
Suspected bandits on Saturday unleashed mayhem in Angwanwaku community in Kufana Chiefdom of Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State, killing a villager and abducting 19 others. During the attack, one Kukah Yari was killed, while Abuki Dogo was injured. There was no official confirmation of the incident either from the police or the state government. However, the Secretary of the Chiefdom, Tanimu Makaddas, said the incident happened around 12:00 a.m on Saturday when the attackers invaded the community. He said those kidnaped were: Genesis Ezekiel, Deborah Ezikiel, Salomi Dutse, Rifkatu Zaphaniah, Tamar Liazarus, Ejah Habila, Rejoice Ezikeil, Catharine Silas,…
The Governorship Election Petitions Tribunals sitting in Jalingo, Sokoto and Abeokuta have upheld the election of Taraba State Governor, Agbu Kefas, Governor Ahmed Aliyu of Sokoto State and Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun. Kefas is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), while Aliyu and Abiodun are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). In Taraba State, the three-man panel headed by Justice Ayo Sunmonu dismissed the petition filed by the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) and its governorship candidate, Prof. Yahaya Sani, on the grounds of lack of sufficient evidence. The NNPP and its gubernatorial candidate had…
The Ondo State Police Command state Saturday rescued eight out of the 25 kidnapped Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) members. The victims, said to be members of church’s choir, were reportedly attacked and kidnapped on the Benin-Akure Expressway around Ifon axis in Ose Local Government Area of the state, Friday evening. A member of the church, who pleaded anonymity, said the vehicle conveying the victims was seen abandoned by the roadside. He said the matter had been reported at the police station. However, the police revealed that it had begun a search for the gunmen who, on Friday, kidnapped no fewer…
The federal government has deployed a team of engineers to collate relevant data and investigate possible causes of the collapse of Artisan Bridge in Enugu state and come up with a solution to restore it. The Director of Information, Ministry of Works, Blessing Lere-Adams, in a statement issued Saturday said the failed bridge is located on a subsisting project — which is the rehabilitation of Enugu – Port Harcourt Expressway, Section III: Enugu – Lokpanta in Enugu State, adding that the project was still ongoing. She noted that the Minister of Works, Sen David Umahi visited the site of the…
A pressure group, Stand Up Nigeria has urged the National Judicial Council (NJC) to, as a matter of urgency, relocate Appeal court justices from Kano to Abuja over alleged threat and intimidation from the supporters of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP)-led government in the state. The National coordinator of the group, Sunday Attah made the call while addressing a press conference on Saturday in Abuja The group recalled that the Kano State Governorship election sacked Engr Abba Kabir Yusuf and declared Dr. Nasir Gawuna as the duly elected Governor of Kano State. It, therefore, called on NNPP and the…
A bride lost her ‘entire family’ including her three brothers and her mother-in-law after a deadly fire tore through their venue during the newlywed’s first dance in Iraq, it has emerged. Newlyweds Haneen and Ravan had been slow-dancing during their Christian wedding in the northern town of Qaraqosh near Mosul when their ceremony turned into one of nightmares. New terrifying video shows hundreds of panicked wedding guests screaming and shouting for their loved ones before they sprinted towards the exits of the large hall as the flames quickly spread across a decorated chandelier on the roof. The room turned a…
An arrest has been made in Las Vegas in connection with the 1996 murder of rapper Tupac Shakur, a law enforcement source tells CNN. The source, who has knowledge of the investigation, confirms the man arrested Friday morning is Duane Keith Davis, aka “Keffe D,” whose wife’s Henderson home was searched in July as part of the ongoing investigation into the shooting. Las Vegas Metro Police Department officials are planning to hold a news conference later Friday, the source said. Shakur was shot and killed while leaving a boxing match on the Las Vegas Strip. His untimely death – the…
The Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria (ERA/FoEN) has called on the Edo State government to compel Coca Cola Company, Seven Up Bottling Company and other producers of plastic to engage in Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) by taking responsibility for the plastic waste they produce. The Executive Director of ERA/FoEN, Chima Williams, made the call at an event tagged, “Return-To-Sender Action” organised by ERA/FoEN and other groups on Thursday the 28th of September 2023 in Benin. Williams who was represented by Babawale Obayanju stated that the flooding experienced in Benin and its environs is aggravated by the plastic waste…
A Kano Federal High Court Friday ordered Kano State Government to pay the Incorporated Trustees of Massallacin Eid Shop Owners the sum N30 billion as compensation for unlawful demolition of their shops without following due processes laid down by law. TheHintsNews reports the state Governor, Abba Yusuf had embarked on demolition exercise worth billions of Naira immediately after he assumed office. The governor also said there was no regret over demolition of property in the state. Based on this, a private firm, Lamash Property Limited, had threatened to sue the Kano state government demanding N10 billion compensation over the demolition…