The State High Court sitting in Awka, Anambra State has convicted and sentenced the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum Resources Plc, Nnaemeka Nwawka, Jude Cyril and Sage Nebefeife Foundation to 14 years imprisonment each for stealing, conversion and gratification to the tune of N25 billion. They were jailed by Justice O. M. Anyachebelu after being found guilty of ten-count charges bordering on stealing, conversion and gratification. They pleaded not guilty to the charges when they were read to them, prompting the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), through its counsel, Victor Ukagwu to go into full trial with him.…
Author: Hints News
The Minister of Marine and Blue Economy, Adegboyega Oyetola Thursday received the newly appointed Inspector-General of Police, Tunji Disu, in Abuja. Oyetola congratulated Disu on his appointment as the Inspector General of Police, describing it as well deserved and expressing confidence in his capacity to deliver effective leadership for the nation’s police. The minister congratulated Disu on his appointment as Inspector-General of Police, stating that his track record of professionalism and service inspires confidence that you will make him perform excellently in the office and further strengthen the security architecture of Nigeria. Oyetola, in a statement, described the visit…
Following the repeal of the Electoral Act, 2022 and the enactment of the Electoral Act, 2026, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed Saturday, 16th January 2027 for Presidential and National Assembly elections. The electoral body also announced that the governorship and State Houses of Assembly Elections will now hold on Saturday, 6th February 2027. TheHintsNews reports that the commission had earlier fixed Saturday, 20th February 2027 for the Presidential and National Assembly Elections and Saturday, 6th March 2027 for the Governorship and State Houses of Assembly Elections pursuant to the Electoral Act, 2022. National Commissioner, Chairman, Information…
Baring any last minute change, the Commandant General of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ahmed Audi, is scheduled to bow out of the service Friday, 27th February, 2026. The pull out parade of the outgoing Commandant General is coming as the Corps marks the official Grand finale of the world Civil Defence Day celebration on Friday. Audi’s who has spent 30 years and reached a retirement age. President Bola Ahmed Tinubu may name a replacement immediately. Audi was appointed NSCDC Commandant General by late President Muhammadu Buhari in February 2021. However, his tenure has been…
The Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo on Thursday performed a groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of new corporate headquarters and Air Traffic Management (ATM) Center of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA). The N21,684,314,839.40 is expressed to be completed within 30 months. Keyamo, while performing the ceremony at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, the project site, said the event was more than just a symbolic turning of the soil, but a declaration of intent. He stated: “It is a tangible demonstration of our unwavering, commitment to modernizing the critical infrastructure that underpins the safety, efficiency, and growth…
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that the African Democratic Congress (ADC) needs no external help to achieve its political demise. TheHintsNews reports that in its press statement of February 25, 2026, ADC claimed that the APC was responsible for the shooting incident involving its members in Edo State. However, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Felix Morka in a statement issued Thursday described the claim as utterly delusional, saying accusing the APC even before any investigation was carried out by law enforcement was particularly senseless, and showed the ADC as a party that lacks focus and…
The Special Offences Court, Lagos has admitted in evidence more documents tendered by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) in the alleged N76 billion, $31.5 million fraud trial involving a former Managing Director of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), Ahmed Kuru, and others. TheHintsNews reports that Kuru, alongside Kamilu Omokide, Captain Roy Ilegbodu, Union Bank of Nigeria Plc and Super Bravo Limited, are being prosecuted on a six-count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing, and abuse of office. At the resumed sitting on Wednesday, the fourth prosecution witness, PW4, Usman Bawa Kaltungo, continued his examination-in-chief led by…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), says it is reviewing its transport logistics model for effective performance ahead of the 2027 elections. It said the decision became imperative after its Election Operations Dashboard during the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Area Councils election showed that only 45 per cent of polling units opened by 8:30 am. It added that the transporter that caused some delay in Kwali Area Council would also be blacklisted. INEC Chairman, Prof. Joash Amupitan stated this on Wednesday in Abuja at the meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs), and swearing in of the new REC, Dr. Chukwu…
Following the enactment of Electoral Act 2026, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it will make some adjustments and issue a revised Timetable for the 2027 general election. INEC Chairman, Prof. Joash Amupitan disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja at the meeting with Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs), and swearing in of the new REC, Dr. Chukwu Chukwu-Emeka Joseph, representing Abia State. He added that the notice of the 2027 elections released recently was issued under the old law. Amupitan stated: “I must not fail to inform you that we now have a new Electoral Act, 2026. We had…
The Department of State Services (DSS) has arrested the sixth person involved in the 2022 attack on St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo state, in which over 40 worshippers lost their lives and scores more were left injured. The sixth suspect, who is also a high profile Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) has been on the run for nearly four years, making him one of the most wanted fugitives in Nigeria. TheHintsNews reports that the DSS is currently prosecuting five persons — Idris Omeiza (25), Al Qasim Idris (20), Jamiu Abdulmalik (26), Abdulhaleem Idris (25), and Momoh Otuho…