There was confusion in the presidency on Tuesday over the purported address of the joint sitting of the National Assembly as part of activities lined up to commemorate President Bola Tinubu’s one year in office. TheHintsNews reports that the Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy, Bayo Onanuga had earlier in a statement on Tuesday announced that Tinubu would not make a broadcast to the nation on Wednesday to celebrate his first anniversary as the leader of Nigeria. He added that instead, the President would address a joint session of the National Assembly, which has lined up a…
Author: Hints News
The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator George Akume Tuesday decorated the newly appointed Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Sheu Mohammed. He said that government was expecting more from the FRSC new boss, while advising him to use his wealth of experience to carry out the mandate of the Corps to ensure safer roads for all. Akume said: “The position is a sensitive one, it requires much to reduce Carnage’s on the Nigerian roads and restoring sanity on the highways. “FRSC was created to make life more meaningful and to make the road safer…
The Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has rejected N60,000 minimum wage proposed by the federal government. TheHintsNews reports that the federal government initially proposed N57,000 minimum wage at the last meeting with the labour union which was bluntly rejected. However, at the tripartite meeting on Tuesday in Abuja, the federal government added the sum of N3,000 to its initially proposed N57,000 minimum wage, making it the sum of N60,000 proposed. Organised labour, comprising the Trade Union Congress and the Nigeria Labour Congress, also went down by N3,000 from its last proposal of N497,000 during the…
The federal government has reiterated its commitment towards enhancing the wellbeing and safety of medical professionals and upgrading all government-run healthcare facilities nationwide. The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, during a meeting with representatives from the Federal Ministry of Health and the leadership of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) led by its national president, Dr. Dele Abdullahi, to discuss and resolve issues brought forward by the association to the ministry. Onyejeocha in a statement issued Tuesday by her Media Adviser, Emameh Gabriel, commended the association for their willingness to work together and also acknowledged…
The federal government has directed all federal teaching hospitals to accelerate their hiring process for medical professionals, including doctors and nurses, to prevent a shortage of healthcare workers in the country. It also reiterated its commitment towards enhancing the well-being and safety of medical professionals and upgrading all government-run healthcare facilities nationwide. The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Daju Kachollom, who represented the Minister of Health, during a meeting with the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Nkeiruka Onyejeocha and the leadership of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) led by its national president, Dr. Dele Abdullahi, to…
A former National Vice Chairman North-west of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Dr. Salihu Lukman has accused the National Chairman of the party, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje of using federal might to Undermine Kano state Governor, Abba Yusuf in the ongoing emirship tussle. He added that the way and manner politics was being played, was not only recklessly insensitive to the dangers being posed to human lives in Kano, but frighteningly disgraceful and inconsiderate to whatever could be the choices of people of Kano State. Lukman in a statement issued Monday titled, “Reckless Pointers of Political Suicide”, noted that the unfolding…
The Kogi State Government has revealed that kidnappers have killed two of the yet to be released students of the Confluence University of Science and Technology, Osara. TheHintsNews reports that the kidnappers recently stormed the campus and kidnapped sbcires of students reading on campus for the forthcoming exams. The Commissioner for Information and Communications, Kingsley Fanwo in a statement issued Sunday said the State government was all out to rescue all the students and spared nothing in doing so. He noted that unfortunately, they were able to rescue 21 of them alive. Fanwo added: “The State Government also mobilised security…
Contrary to the rumour making the round, the pan-Yoruba socio-cultural and socio-political organisation, Afenifere, has said that one of its frontline leaders, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, is not dead. The National Publicity Secretary of the organisation, Jare Ajayi made the clarification in a statement issued on Sunday. He explained that there was the insinuation that the source of Adebanjo’s purported death might be the passing away of a former Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, Professor Ayo Banjo. He said: “As can be seen, the two men not only shared first names, Ayo, their second names are also similar. One…
The federal government has dragged the 36 state governors before the Supreme Court for strangulating local government. The Governors were sued through their respective State Attorneys General in the suit marked SC/CV/343/2024. The court action against the governors primarily sought full autonomy for local governments as third tiers of government in the country. The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice (AGF), Lateef Fagbemi SAN on behalf of the federal government is praying the Apex Court for an order prohibiting State governors from unilateral, arbitrary and unlawful dissolution of democratically elected local government leaders for local governments. The…
The assessment reports on the ministers serving in the administration of President Bola Tinubu has indicted about 17 ministers that have performed below expectation, TheHintsNews has learnt. It would be recalled that at the opening of a three-day cabinet retreat for ministers, presidential aides, permanent secretaries and top government functionaries on November 1, 2023, the President said the ministers in his cabinet would only retain their offices based on performance, which would be reviewed quarterly. “If you are performing, nothing to fear. If you miss the objective, we’ll review it. If no performance, you leave us. No one is an…