The Director General, Nigeria Mining Cadastre Office (MCO), Engr. Obadiah Simon Nkom, Monday solicited the assistance and inputs from the National Assembly to improve the Mining Cadastre Office and transform the mining sector in the country. This was even as the Senate Committee Chairman on Solid Minerals Development, Senator Osita Ngwu, commended the MCO for its migration to electronic mining cadastre in line with best practices, saying that the government was having a new direction from oil to solid minerals. Nkom made the appeal when the Solid Minerals Development Committee Chair paid a familiarisation visit to MCO in Abuja. He…
Author: Hints News
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) says it recorded a substantial reduction of 22 per cent in the total number of road traffic crashes (RTC), injuries and fatalities as well between January and September 2023. The agency said it also recorded decrease in road traffic injuries and 23.1 per cent reduction in road traffic deaths when compared with the same period in 2022. According to FRSC road traffic crash dashboard, within the period under consideration, the Corps recorded a total of 7,830 road traffic crashes as against 10,039 in the same period in the year 2022, representing 22 per cent…
The State High Court in Maiduguri has convicted and sentenced two fraudsters: Mohammed Idris and Ibrahim Magaji to eight years imprisonment for obtaining money under false pretences. The Maiduguri Zonal Command of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) secured their conviction on Thursday, October 5, 2023. Idris was arraigned before Justice Umaru Fadawu of the Borno State High Court on one-count charge bordering on obtaining under false pretence to the tune of N1 million, while Magaji was arraigned on one-count charge bordering on criminal misappropriation to the tune of N11.5 million. The charge against Idris read: “That you, Mohammad Idris…
A former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Hon. Yekini Nabena, has said that media reports suggesting that the Minister of State for Petroleum, Heineken Lokpobiri, and 2019 governorship candidate, David Lyon, had formed alliance with Governor Douye Diri of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the November 11 for the governorship election was mere propaganda. Nabena, who is the Secretary, Media and Publicity Committee of the National Gubernatorial Campaign Council for Bayelsa state insisted that the propaganda tactics being employed by the PDP camp in Bayelsa towards the governorship election would not work because…
The Minister of the Federal Capital Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike has ordered the demolition of a property next door to the Abuja residence of the Chief of Staff to the President, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila. TheHintsNews reports that disputation over the land commenced last year, precisely on October 4, when the former Minister of the FCT, Muhammad Bello, and officials of the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) abruptly invaded the property. Nevertheless, a day after the invasion, on October 5, the then Minister gave an order to the FCDA sealing off the property and also deposited a detachment of mobile…
The Nigerian Army says it is resolute and committed to surmounting emerging security challenges in troubled parts of the country through the upcoming training exercise that will be carried out nationwide. It added that the troops in collaboration with Sister Services and other security agencies will be conducting training exercises across the country from October to December 2023. Director Army Public Relations Brig-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, while addressing a press conference on Sunday in Abuja said these exercises are designed to improve individual and collective professional competence. He added that exercises would also dovetail into real time operations to tackle various…
Phrank Shaibu, a Special Assistant on Public Communication to the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, has alleged that the administration of President Bola Tinubu administration has perfected a sinister plot to gag the media ahead of the release of the records containing his investigations by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Shaibu said in a statement on Sunday noted that the trove of documents that the FBI was set to release this month would expose details of the investigation on Tinubu. He added that the dissemination of this information must not be left to social…
The federal government has announced the temporary suspension of the N-Power programme across the country, of the temporary suspension of the programme. It said the action became imperative to give room for a detailed investigation into the operations of the N-Power in the last twelve months. Its National Programme Manager, Dr. Akindele Egbuwalo, in a statement issued on Sunday said it had recently discovered instances of programme beneficiaries whose participation had lapsed since 2022 but have remained on and continue to expect payments from the government. He explained that the total number of persons enrolled on NPower since inception to…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), says political parties are yet to substantially comply by submitting the list of their agents for the November 11 governorship elections holding in Bayelsa, Imo and Kogi states despite this notice and subsequent reminders. The commission stated categorically that there would be no extension, adding that all parties sponsoring candidates for the elections that are yet to upload the list of their agents should do so before the deadline for the exercise. INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Sam Olumekun, disclosed this in a statement issued Sunday while giving an update…
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has denied media reports indicating that it has withdrawn from the appeal process in the ongoing Kano governorship election petition case. INEC National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee, Sam Olumekun, in a statement issued Saturday said the letter written by the Legal Officer of Kano State office was not authourised. He said: “The attention of the Commission has been drawn to media reports based on a letter written by the Legal Officer of our Kano State office indicating that the Commission had withdrawn from the appeal process in the ongoing Kano Governorship…